This is the blog detailing my simmies in the legacy challenge created by pinstar. I'm trying to play for points but sometimes it gets hard. Roxanne Robinson is the name of my foundress and will kick it off for 9 more generations! Wish me luck!
I just made a beautiful family tree that will be updated as the blog entries roll in!Check the top menu above the heaser for the link or go here Check in often and see what's happening to Roxy and the gang! And if you are wondering if I will be ending the blog: Think again! The blog lives on hopefully forever as I make it through 10 generations and possibly even more!

Chapter Eight

Posted by Taylor Monday, July 6, 2009

Shattered Like Glass
Roxanne Narrating

Leighton ran into the house sweat drenching his entire body and his eyes bloodshot. He immediately started talking. It was rushed and twinged with a hint of terror.



Leighton: "Oh my god Roxy. I knew I shouldn't have...I knew I shouldn't have. Now things are really bad...."

Roxanne: "What's wrong? Tell me whats so bad? I need to know!"

I was scared. This had to be bad.

Leighton: "It all started when Giuseppe told Johnny to take out the "trash"..... Johnny said no and Giuseppe got really mad...Like really, really mad. He....he....he killed him Rox!! I saw it all!! They...they did bad stuff to him....I can't....I can't......"


All my nerves had gone cold. Yet the words "I told you so" threatened to retreat out of my mouth.This was just what I thought it was....a dark shady business with murders they could cover up with their limitless money on their master cards.

I pulled Leighton to the living room and put on a big fake smile to try to ease his nerves. If I'm happy he's happy right? Tears were running down his flushed cheeks and he pulled his sweat soaked t-shirt off. My smile faltered and I had to work hard to keep it straight.


Roxanne: "It's Ok...Honey? I....I...."

I was on the verge of tears is what I was. He could have been that Johnny guy.

Roxanne: "Leighton....You have to leave this business now. Do you understand me? Or you'll end up...."

I couldn't bring myself to saying "dead"


Leighton: "I can't....Once your sworn in your in. No turning back. I feel so bad Rox....I am such a idiot..."


Leighton hadn't noticed the bump on my belly. But Brian, whom I hadn't even known was there made it aware to him."

Brian: "Daddy....Look at momma's belly! She's gonna have a baby!!"

I was never quite as irritated by Brian than as I was now. I
wanted to tell my husband the news when he was happy and wanting a baby. He was as far from happy as you can get and had witnessed first hand a brutal mob murder.

But surprisingly he plastered on his own "happy" face and
put his ear to my stomach. I cried. Leighton cried. And after that moment I think the world was just a little harsher.


A long time after, the freshness of this was burned into our heads. Leighton followed orders to the tee at his job and I even joined a church so I could pray that my husband and father of my kids would be brought home safe. The mob was a big business. Too big to slip up even once.


I tried to push this out of my mind and focus on my kids and my unborn child.
It was a pretty somber atmosphere in the house so I picked up a sprinkler from the hardware store and set it up. They had more fun t
han I expected!!

Sam: "Hey little bro, betcha not as fast as me!"

Brian: "I bet Im not!! I mean I bet I am!! I'm as fast as a slug! I mean Im as fast as a tornado!"

It's so interesting watching my kids interact and grow and develop their own unique traits. Sam was a hopeless Casanova while Brian was grumpy but loves to fish. I wonder what the little baby in my tummy would turn out to be like? It felt like the world had flipped over and done a loop-d-loop. I went to my mother in law to possibly get some insight.


Yumi: "I see you are expecting again. And I also see great distress in your eyes. What is the matter? Young Sam hasn't come in ages and neither has Leighton..."

Roxanne: "We have been very busy with....life."


I couldn't tell her we were all tied up with the mafia. What would she say?

Yumi: "Well I will not pry....God knows I wouldn't want to be bad on my last moments on earth. Yes, I am nearing the end of this journey that some people call life."
This caught me off guard. We had never really "hit it off" but it still filled me with dread to know she would die. And she would die alone
too.

Roxanne: "Mrs.Sekemoto....You know that you are welcome in me and Leighton's house at any time, it's no problem at all."

I gave her a warm smile. It felt good to smile after all of this insanity.

Yumi: "You are a good child. I will remember you as just that.but I will remain in my modest establishment for the remainder of my years." It might have been my imagination but a lone tear slid down her cracked skin. When I blinked it was gone but I always remember that moment.
Yumi: "Can...can I feel it?"

She was looking at my stomach. I instantly got up and let her aged hands on my belly.

Yumi: "Awwww....I see. A lot of movement in there....."

Her hands were cold. She took them off my stomach.

Yumi: "Awww...you better go now. Tell Sammy, Brian and Leighton I love them."

And I was out of her house on the front porch.


Me and Leighton slept late that morning. But when we got up we read the local paper. Near the back was a story I harldy could stomach:


Yumi Sekemoto Dead

Yumi Sekemoto, was found deceased last night
at her home.
The source says she died
peacfully of old age.
Sources close
to Miss Sekemoto say she was a tough woman
to those she didn't
know but a loving and warm person
to the ones she trusted. She leaves behind a son
and two
grandchildren.
All condolenses go
to Miss Sekemoto's family.


2 comments

  1. Anonymous Said,

    Aww, poor Yumi died. When she said lots of movement...I hope she wasn't predicting multiples...

    Posted on July 7, 2009 at 7:12 AM

     
  2. Taylor Said,

    You never know......

    Posted on July 7, 2009 at 9:47 AM

     

Post a Comment

CHAPTER TWENTY

Posted by Taylor
09-04-09

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Posted by Taylor
08-25-09

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Posted by Taylor
08-20-09

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Posted by Taylor
08-18-09

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Posted by Taylor
8-03-09