This is the blog detailing my simmies in the legacy challenge created by pinstar. I'm trying to play for points but sometimes it gets hard. Roxanne Robinson is the name of my foundress and will kick it off for 9 more generations! Wish me luck!
I just made a beautiful family tree that will be updated as the blog entries roll in!Check the top menu above the heaser for the link or go here Check in often and see what's happening to Roxy and the gang! And if you are wondering if I will be ending the blog: Think again! The blog lives on hopefully forever as I make it through 10 generations and possibly even more!

Chapter Seventeen

Posted by Taylor Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bundle of Joy/Emotions running Wild
Leighton Narrating


Five months have passed since the incident with Ayesha.
Ever since then, communications between and my wife have been sparse.
I love her so much and it hurts so horribly to have this huge, ugly weight on my shoulders that is Ayesha Anasari, who is positively the most vile human being in the world. Maybe shes not even human anymore. Nope, she h
as been downgraded to a rat. Maybe not even that either. The stuff that comes out of rats after they digested their food is more like it.

This Summer has been sweltering. And when you live in a place like ours, you can probably tell that it doesn't have an AC. All we have is a clip-on fan that Alice uses to fan out her hair while she stares at herself in the bathroom mirror.


Sam has really stepped it up this Summer. He used to rely on the simoleans he got from his paintings for the little purchases he needed for himself but now that he successfully knocked up a girl I haven't even had a decent converstion with, I think he realized he needed a real job. So when I found the Sunset Daily's classified section laid open on his old wood bed, I knew he had made the right choice, even though the whole situation still left a bad taste in my mouth.

A paper boy. Hmmm....it seems to fit him well enough.


As the night set in, I went into my usual routine for the night. Brushing my teeth and then telling my wife I love her. She always responded with a shaky smile and I would kiss her on her cheek. And even though everything was so jumbled and messy, the simple touch of her skin against mine filled my heart with happiness.

I only slept with a sheet, trying to beat this terrible heat. I dabbed at the sweat on my forehead but fell into sleep until I could finish the job.....


And as sleep sunk in, the image of Ayesha ran into my mind, like poison through a river drain. My mind spun and her horrible, screechy voice rang clear.
Her threatening my family or telling me about all the people she had had killed.
My head spun faster and faster....


And when my head was spinning wreklessly around, the image of my horrible act of preserving my family was blasted before my eyes. I instantly sprang up from my bed. I felt something bubbling up in my throat...


I ran to the bathroom and sure enough, the remaining contents of my stomach took a rollercoaster ride into the cheap porcelin toilet. I propped my arm on the wall and let the vertigo feeling wash over me. I threw up again multiple times until I felt like I could stand. But instead, my balance went south and my leg met the dirty seat of the toilet in an unpleasent manner. I felt the snap and knew I had broke it. I cried out in agony. I was surprised I hadn't woken anyone....

But I knew I was wrong when Sam rushed into the room, worry lining his sleep deprived eyes.

Sam: "Dad! What's wrong?! WHATS WRONG?!!"

I hobbled a step towards him and leaned myself on his shoulders. I was shocked not only by the pain but by his prominent shoulders. I hadn't been this close to Sam in....years. He defintely wasn't in diapers now.

Leighton: "I'm OK.....I think I'll just lie down and go to sleep..."

A sudden pain ripped up the leg. Sam looked at me cautiously and pulled out a shiny cell phone. He dialed two numbers before I forced the phone shut.

Leighton: "It's Ok...Ill be....Ill be.....Ill be...."

I couldn't finish the sentence. The darkness was closing in to much and I didn't feel like taking this pain anymore. I let it cover me, an old quilt I knew so well....

Sam Narrating


The night was hot, even though it was just 2:00 in the morning.
The hospital was air-conditioned though. That was surely a plus. I looked up at the stately doctor.

Doctor: "Well, I have the X-Ray results right 'ere."

He pinned them up on the square light box and me and dad both winced.
That sure couldn't be good.

Doctor: "Well, you see 'ere is a common houshold fracture, eh? Nothin' to serious but there is a lot of bruising, eh? Well put a cast right on 'ere and you will be as good as new, eh? And I see you got yerself a little bit of an ear infection, eh? That could be the trigger for that vertigo feeling you described...."

I tuned the rest out, the important thing was that he was going to be Ok.
I played with my hat, the one I used to mark me as a mail carrier. I was starteled by the ring of my phone. I answered it, wondering what could be up this late at night.

Bella: "SAM!! I'M FREKIN' IN LABOR RIGHT NOW!! I-I-I-I...."

Sam: "Bells it's probably just a false alarm. Your due dates not in another month...."

Bella: "I THINK I KNOW WHEN IM ABOUT TO HAVE A FREKIN' BA
BY! I'M GOING TO THE HOSPITAL!! IT'S COMING SAM!!"

I told Dad and I ran to the lobby and I held her tight. Sure enough I could feel the water that had broken. Her face was a mixture of confusion and elatement. It made me laugh. I gathered my hand in hers and led her to the d
elivery room, where little Omar Bachelor was born.


And as the sun set over Sunset Valley, the world felt complete. Me, my Bella and my Omar. If only the world could stay like this forever.


1 Comment

  1. Anonymous Said,

    Great update. Glad to see you decided to keep writing.

    Posted on August 19, 2009 at 2:08 PM

     

Post a Comment

CHAPTER TWENTY

Posted by Taylor
09-04-09

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Posted by Taylor
08-25-09

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Posted by Taylor
08-20-09

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Posted by Taylor
08-18-09

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Posted by Taylor
8-03-09